Each campus will identify at least one individual to manage and create new users for the institution. (If you are not sure who that individual is, you are welcome to submit a ticket.) For those with access to the Users tab within Baseline, you can take the following steps to create a new users:
- Click on the Users tab in the gray bar at the top of the page.
- Click on the New User button (in blue) in the upper left-hand side of the page.
- Fill out the User's first and last name, campus email, and campus username. Please note that you must user campus-specific username and email for the authentication process to work accurately.
- From this page, you can also check any or all System Roles you wish to grant the user.
- Click on "Save" in the lower right-hand side of the screen.
- This will bring you to the User's page, where you can provide them access to department(s) and/or project(s).
- To grant a user access to a department, click on the Organization Unit tab (you will be there by default). Then, type in one of the keywords for that department in the text box. If the department is in the system, it will show up in a drop down list. You can select the name of it and then select "Allow" to grant access.
- To grant or deny a user access to a project (e.g., survey, rubric, data upload), click on the "Individual Projects" tab. Then, begin typing the name of the project in the text box. Once it appears in the drop down list, click on it and then select "Allow" to grant access or "Deny" to restrict access. The "Deny" feature is often used when the content of a survey is sensitive and the administration wishes to ensure only key individuals can see it.
- Finally, click "Back to Users" to return to the Users list. Your work will be saved. Please note that a newly created user will remain in "Pending" status until they sign in for the first time.