If you have not done so already, please refer to the Getting Started page for more information on setting up LMS integration for your institution.
The integration capabilities specific to Rubrics are provided by a block called Course Sync. This block will send your current enrollment and assignment information to Rubrics so that you can evaluate course participants and sync your rubric scores and commentary back into the LMS. This integration is available to any institution with access to Rubrics.
Course Sync is currently available for the following learning management systems:
- Blackboard Learn
Instructions for Blackboard
Please note that by default you must have “Faculty” set as one of your Blackboard Primary or Secondary Institutional Roles in order to add and access the Course Sync module from within your course site. Your Blackboard Administrator can configure Course Sync to support additional roles by navigating to System Admin -> Tabs and Modules -> Modules -> selecting “Edit Properties” for Campus Labs Course Sync and then adjusting role access for the module.
- Ask your LMS Administrator to read the information found on the Getting Started
- Once the Campus Labs Building Block has been successfully installed, navigate to the course site in which you wish to use the Course Sync module for Blackboard.
- Turn “Edit Mode” on for the course site.
- Click the “Add Course Module” button.
- Find the “Campus Labs Course Sync” module and click the “Add” button.
- The Campus Labs Course Sync module for Blackboard should now appear on the bottom of the main course site page and can be used to synchronize assignment data or launch Campus Labs Rubrics.
Instructions for Moodle
Please note that you must have “Teacher” or “Manager” set as your Moodle System Role in order to add and access the Course Sync module from within your course site. “Non - Editing Teachers” cannot add the module, but may utilize it if it is added by someone else. Your Moodle Administrator can grant additional roles the ability to access Course Sync by navigating to Site Administration -> Users -> Permissions -> Define Roles and then editing the appropriate roles.
1. Ask your LMS Administrator to read the information found on the Getting Started
2. Once Campus Labs Course Sync has been successfully installed, navigate to the course site in which you wish to use the Course Sync block for Moodle.
3. Turn editing mode on for the course site.
4. Find the “Add a Block” module and select “Campus Labs Course Sync” from the drop-down menu (the page will immediately begin to load after you select the item).
5. The Campus Labs Course Sync Block for Moodle should now appear on the page and can be used to synchronize assignment data or launch Campus Labs Rubrics.
It is possible to have multiple LMS's enabled, but only in certain combinations. Below are the possible double-LMS combinations that are currently possible:
Blackboard + Canvas
Moodle + Canvas
Additionally, the combinations that are not possible are:
Blackboard + Moodle