In order to begin entering data, you’ll need to add a new Assessment and link the rubric.
Assessments are specific instances of measurement where you use a rubric you have previously created. Within an Assessment is where you will select your subjects, evaluate them using the rubric, and then be able to see aggregated results.
For more information about the difference between rubrics, assignments, and assessments, please click here.
To create an Assessment:
- Click on the +Add button next to the Assessment section.
- Enter the Assessment title.
- Select a rubric template to use for this assessment, then click Go. (Note: the same rubric can support more than one assessment.)
If you would like to print a rubric to use paper copies and enter data into the system at a later time:
- Click into the Assessment.
- Click the button that says Printable Template in the top right corner.
- If you would like to include cell descriptions, toggle “Include Descriptions” to be on.
- Click Print Template.
- Once you have collected your paper responses, you can follow the steps below to add evaluators or add entries into the system.
You have the option of adding other evaluators to use your assessment. This will store their data together with yours.
To add evaluators:
- Click the Evaluators button.
- Start typing a name and select them from the drop down list.
- If you do not see an evaluator's name in the drop down, they may not have an account in the core data system and will need to be added before they can be added here as an evaluator. Please contact your Consultant for assistance with adding evaluators. Evaluators may not be added to an assessment without an account.
To submit a new entry:
- Click the New Entry button and follow the steps below.
Choose the name of the person that you are evaluating:
There are two ways that this can be done:
- Type in the name of the person you are evaluating and select their name from the drop down. In order to locate someone in this drop down list, they must have an account in the core data system. If you do not see a person’s name in this drop down list, they may not have an account in the core data system. This is our recommended method of evaluating individuals because it relies on a previously loaded account for the individual. This method will allow you to connect this rubric data to other demographic information in the system and send email notifications of rubric results. If you need to add a new user to the core data system, please contact your Consultant for assistance.
- If you cannot find a person’s name in this list, you do have the option to manually type in the name by clicking “Can’t find someone”. (Please note that this is different from the Evaluators button because you cannot manually enter evaluators). It’s important to note if you manually type a person’s name, the data here will be independent of any other rubric, survey, or demographic data. If you choose this option, you will also not be able to send email notifications of rubric results.
Once you have selected a person’s name, you can start entering data. The score in the top right corner will automatically update as it calculates the score in live time. Once you’re done, you will also see the total score at the bottom of the page next to the Save options.
Once you’re done, click Save and New if you would like to complete that rubric and open a blank rubric to enter the next set of data. Or click Save and Done if you do not need to enter any other assessment data.
Evaluating an individual multiple times
You can evaluate the same person within an Assessment/Assignment.
If someone has already been evaluated, you will see their name under the list of entries. To add another entry for this person, click the blue plus sign to the right of their name. Once you’re done, your entry will be logged under the name of the individual you have assessed along with other entries.
You can decide how the final student score is calculated by setting the rubric to calculate the sum of all the scores, the average of the scores, the highest score, most recent score, or manually select the score you want to represent that students final grade. These settings are found under the Rubrics Settings section.
To edit/delete rubric entries:
- Click into your rubric results.
- Click on the row that contains the person’s data you need to edit or delete.
- Click the Edit icon in the top right corner of the page to make changes.
- Click Delete to delete that entry.
For rubric creators: When you are done entering your data and you are sure that it is complete, you can click the Lock Entry Set button. This will lock all entries so no evaluators will be able to make changes.
If you lock entries and realize that additional changes are needed, you may undo this by clicking the red X next to Done Evaluating and this will unlock all rubric entries.
Training video - For a video walk-through of step two, please click here.
Next step article - After you have filled out a rubric, please click here for Rubrics: Step Three - How to Review Rubric Results.
If you need additional assistance with entering rubric data, please don’t hesitate to contact your Consultant. For technical support, you can also reach out to us by submitting a ticket or calling us at 716.270.0000.