Key individuals on campus (usually the Site Administrator) will have access to a Users tab within Baseline. This will allow them to grant and deny users access to additional System Roles (i.e., access to additional tools within Baseline). The System Roles supported include:
- Documents: Grants a user editing rights (i.e., ability to upload, delete and name documents) to the Documents tab within the Baseline system. The Documents tab is found on the Home Page within Baseline and can be utilized as a central location for campus documentation.
- Self-Service Builder: Grants a user rights to the Self-Service Builder tool. If a user has access to a department (i.e., Primary Org Unit ID is specified) and this role assigned, they will be able to create new surveys in the Baseline system with the Create Project button on the Project page.
- Engage Panels: Grants a user rights to the Engage Panels portion of the site. If your campus subscribes to Engage, users with this role can pull student involvement data from the Engage system for the purposes of conducting follow-up assessments.
- Device Administration: Grants a user the ability to manage new mobile devices that are going to be used for assessment activity. The primary purpose of this role is to approve, deny, and name devices that have been activated with the Campus Labs Collect app.
To add/remove System Roles to an account, follow the steps below:
- Click on the Users tab in the gray navigational toolbar at the top of your screen
- Search for the user that you wish to edit
- Click on the Edit button in the rightmost column of the row with the user's name
- Click on the Edit button under System Roles to the right-hand side of the user's profile screen
- In the pop-up, click on the role you wish to grant a user; a green check mark will appear.
- Click Save when you are finished
If you wish to update the System Roles for multiple users at one time (or include these settings as you are uploading your initial user file), use the Upload Users button on the User Management page, and follow the instructions to create a .csv file and add many users (and their system roles) at once. You can learn more about this feature in our article on how to add users to Baseline.
If you have additional questions you can contact our Support Team or call 716-270-0000 Monday through Friday 8:00am - 8:00pm EST.