Each campus will identify at least one individual to manage and create new users for the institution. (If you are not sure who that individual is, you are welcome to submit a ticket.) For those with access to the Users tab within Baseline, you can take the following steps to create a new users:
- Click on the Users tab in the gray bar at the top of the page. This will take you to the User Management page.
- Click on the New User button (in blue) in the upper left-hand side of the page.
- Fill out the User's first and last name, campus email, and campus username. Please note that you must user campus-specific username and email for the authentication process to work accurately.
- From this page, you can also check any or all System Roles you wish to grant the user.
- Click on Save in the lower right-hand side of the screen.
- This will create the user's page, where you can provide them access to department(s) and/or project(s).
- Next, you will need to assign your user to a department or project. To grant a user access to a department, click on the Organization Unit tab (you will be there by default). Then, type in one of the keywords for that department in the text box. If the department is in the system, it will show up in a drop down list. You can select the name of it and then select "Allow" to grant access.
- To grant or deny a user access to a project (e.g., survey, rubric, data upload), click on the Individual Projects tab. Then, begin typing the name of the project in the text box. Once it appears in the drop down list, click on it and then select "Allow" to grant access or "Deny" to restrict access. The "Deny" feature is often used when the content of a survey is sensitive and the administration wishes to ensure only key individuals can see it.
- Finally, click Back to Users to return to the Users list. Your work will be saved. Please note that a newly created user will remain in "Pending" status until they sign in for the first time.
If you would like to upload multiple users at one time, you can use our Mass Upload feature to do so.
- From the User Management page, click Upload Users.
- Click Download the Sample CSV File at the top of the page to download the desired format for uploading your users.
- Follow the instructions on the page to fill out the CSV file correctly. Two important notes:
- Leaving the "Status" column blank will add the user in the "Pending" status.
- Assigning a user a "Primary Org Unit ID" will give them access to request and view projects in a specific department. A department's Primary Org Unit ID is the same as their External ID, which is likely the same as the OrgUnitIdentifier from when you first set up your organizational chart during Implementation of Baseline. Contact our Support team if you are unsure of your org chart or what the Primary Org Unit IDs are for your campus. You can leave this field blank and manually assign this user to a department using the instructions above.
- Save the CSV file to your computer.
- Scroll down and choose the CSV file from your computer. Click Upload.
- Depending on the size of the file, uploading may take a few minutes. Click Refresh periodically to check when the file is finished processing.
- Once the file has processed, you can check to see how many additions, errors, changes, and deletions were made. If necessary, you can download the error file or details file to make corrections to the file and attempt additional uploads.
If at any point you have questions, please contact our Support team M-F 8:00am-8:00pm EST at 716-270-0000