Getting Started with Your Apple Device
Minimum requirements to get started using the Collect application are:
- Apple ID. If you do not have one for the device, you can set one up here
- Apple iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad device with firmware version 6.0 or newer (If your firmware is older than 6.0, click here for instructions about using the SV mobile app)
- Wireless internet connection (This is within the Settings menu on the device. If you are using an iPhone, you should always have an internet connection through your network's data plan.)
- Campus Labs Baseline username and password
The Collect application can be found in the Apple App Store. An internet connection is required for this step.
- Tap on the 'App Store' icon on the home screen of your Apple device.
- Tap on the 'Search' tab on the bottom of the screen.
- Type in 'Collect Campus Labs' and tap 'Search'.
- The Collect application should then be listed. Tap on the name.
- Tap on the 'Get' button in the upper-right, and then 'Install' to install it.
- You may be prompted for your Apple account information at this time.
The Collect app should now appear on the home screen, with the installation progress over the top of the icon. When it is complete, the application is ready to be activated for use.
Campus Labs Activation
When a device is used for the first time to administer projects, it needs to be activated with Campus Labs. An internet connection is required for this step. Once activated, a device should not need to go through this step again, even if the application is re-installed.
- Open the Collect app
- You will be presented with a 6-digit activation code. Keep your device open with this code displayed. Activation will not work if the device is sleeping or if this page is not open.
- FOR CANADIAN CAMPUSES ONLY: Please be sure that the Sync Location within the app settings is set to Canada. Typically, it will default to United Stated.
- Please call Campus Labs Support 716.270.0000 and provide your 6-digit code to activate.
For further instructions on use, see Using Collect.