If you want to pull random participants from an incentive drawing that we have set up in Baseline, here are two ways to select your winners:
To pull random winners in a drawing using Excel:
- Go to the Results page by clicking ‘View Results’ under the ‘Results’ section on your project dashboard.
- Export your data into Excel by clicking the Excel button next to ‘Detail’. Be sure that “Include All Open Ended” is checked.
- In the empty column to the left of your data, assign a random number to each student by using the Random Number formula: “=RAND()”
- Drag the formula down the column to create random numbers for each participant.
- Select the first row of your data (the titles of the columns) then select the “Sort & Filter” button on the left side of the Home Ribbon
- Select “Add Filter” from the list of options.
- Sort the Random Column by smallest to largest
- This will randomly shuffle the respondents list. Select however number of winners you need from the top of the list!