To request a project in Baseline, please follow these steps:
1. Log in to the website.
2. Click the blue Request a Project button. It is located on the left-hand side of the home page, or the upper-right side of the Project's tab. Note: this is different than creating your own project, which allows you to build a survey using Self-Service Builder. Not all users will have access to this feature; contact your campus' Site Administrator.
3. Complete the form asking for the following information. Use your mouse to hover over the black question marks for additional clarification.
- Project Title: Make sure that this is specific. For example, “Orientation Survey” might be too vague, especially if you plan on administering more than one of these surveys. Adding in the date, “Orientation Survey 2013” will give you a clearer idea of what the project is in the future.
- Department: The department the survey should be housed in. You will only see the departments to which you have access.
- Open/Close Date: The dates you want the project active and collecting data in the system. They can be adjusted as needed by Campus Labs staff in the future. Remember, a minimum of four business days is required to process and build your project
- Project Source: Indicate if this is a New Project or if you are Copying over a previously administered Baseline project.
- If it is a copy, you will be able to select which project in Baseline you are copying, and which questions from that project. You will also be able to request any changes to the project that are necessary.
Indicate if you will be administering the survey through the web, the Campus Labs Collect mobile app, or both. Most surveys are administered as web surveys, even if you want respondents to be able to take the survey on a mobile device, computer, or on paper. If you will be using the Campus Labs Collect mobile app, please provide the names of the individual campus-owned devices you will be using in the text box, so we can properly assign the survey to the correct device.
Web Survey Administration Method
If you are administering the survey via the web, indicate if you will be using our Mass Mailing system or Generic Link. If you are unsure or unfamiliar with these two options, please review the Survey Administration Options. If you are only using the Collect mobile app, select Not applicable. Also note that you can always change your mind about the web administration method at a later date.
- Select the first option here to work directly with a Survey Design Specialist. This service comes at no extra charge and is part of your Baseline contract. The Survey Design Specialist will review your survey draft and email you suggestions for improvement based on best practices in survey design. If you do not yet have a draft, you can still select this option; the Survey Design Specialist will reach out to you via email with times they are available to speak over the phone.
Note: Requesting additional assistance from a Survey Design Specialist will increase the minimum turn-around time to build your project.
- If you do not wish for additional assistance from a Survey Design Specialist (e.g., your survey has already been approved or reviewed internally and cannot be changed, is a commercially developed instrument, or you simply want the survey built as fast as possible), select the second option.
4. Click Next. If you requested a copy, you will be able to choose the past project you would like copied, as well as the specific questions to copy over.
5. Click Next to provide some additional notes to your project. In this space give us any information you think is necessary to know while building or editing your project, such as making sure other people on your staff have access to the project, or if you wanted to add this project to a comparison report. You will have the opportunity to upload your survey draft on the next page.
6. Click Submit and you will be taken to your Project Dashboard. Upload your survey document in the Project Files box on the right-hand side of the dashboard. We will use this document to provide you feedback/build your survey depending on the level of assistance you requested.
8. You will notice your project has been tagged with relevant “Project Categories”. We suggest these tags based on the keywords in your survey’s title. You can manually adjust these by clicking the “Manage” button underneath the selected categories. Here you will have the ability to select any of our 75 pre-defined tags or remove a tag by clicking the “X” icon.
9. You will receive an automated email letting you know your project has been received, and we will process your project.
You can now wait to hear from your Baseline Support Specialist or Survey Design Specialist. If you selected additional assistance, your Survey Design Specialist will email you within 3 business days with their edits. We will NOT build the project until we hear back from you.
If you did not request additional assistance, you will receive an email from your Baseline Support Specialist within 4 business days letting you know that your project is ready to Preview.
At this point, you are ready to administer your survey! Review your administration options for additional information.
If you have any questions, please contact our Support team M-F 8:00am to 8:00pm EST.