You have the ability to import your student demographic information into Baseline. By having your student demographic file within Baseline, you will be able to connect this data to your assessments, as well as generate student panels based off of event participation.
To get started:
1) You will need to compile a file of student data to import into the site. A student identifier (ID or campus email address) is required, but all of the other fields are up to you! Below is an example file with an extensive amount of custom fields-hopefully this gives you an idea as to what you could include. Keep in mind:
- It must be in this Excel format, not text, Word, or SPSS
- Make sure to delete extra spaces before and after the text in the cell
- Let us know if student identifiers may have leading zeroes—Excel frequently cuts these off, leading to issues with uploading
- To maintain consistency in data and identifiers, our standard procedure is to upload one school email address and/or one external ID per respondent. If your file also contains personal (non-school) email addresses and/or more than one column with external IDs, please indicate which column is the external ID you will be using. Both can be included in the final demographics, but only one can be used as an identifier.
2) Once your file is ready, we will set up an FTP folder for you so that you can securely transfer the file to us. Below you will find some instructions for securely making this transfer. Do NOT email us your demographic file.
Please note: If your campus FTP folder is already established, please send an email to Support@campuslabs.com once you have sent us a file. We are not automatically notified when new files are available.
If you have any questions, please contact our Support Team by submitting a ticket or calling 716.270.0000